Half my Age Plus Seven - A British Romance or A Sinful Confession

This was my first novel to be published. With this title I became a registered author.

I've written it in a few months, than I spent a year and a half correcting and editing it.

I craved for perfection with it.
I wanted it so badly to be successful as the story meant the world to me.
That's why I hired someone to help me achieve that.

Have I got what I hoped for? 
  • Not really. 
  • No. 
  • Not even close, to be honest. 
I won't get into details. I won't blame anyone and anything but myself for this.

I believe that this story is a real catch.
But I am humble enough to realise that it's not for everyone.

The story is intense and powerful. It's filled with strong emotions.
It shows to fears, the struggles, the frustrations of a woman like you and I.

Both protagonists are regular people, but there is nothing regular between their relationship.

As you know, emotions are not very popular. At least not among romance books readers.
When you buy a romance book, you expect to find a typical love story with ups and downs.
You kinda know what's going to happen next.
She might leave him for another guy, or vice versa. Or they could end up living happily ever after.

This book is everything but that. It's unique in its genre. And I am convinced it deserves to be successful.

But how can something so difficult to understand and control - emotions - could ever find a large readership? 

Only the soulful can appreciate the value of this story.

A Sinful Confession is the Book One. 
Too Good to be True is Book Two. 

I was supposed to write a third book, but nothing went as I hoped with this novel. There is no reason to keep writing something that many readers struggle to appreciate.

It might have been better to publish it under Non Fiction, Spirituality, Self-Help, Personal Development, etc.

As this is a book that aimed to help people to cope with emotions that are bigger than them.
Well, I learned a big lesson. And I paid a huge price for it. Was it worth it? Absolutely. 

Anyway this book can be read on itself. It was intended this way from the start. 

Book Two - Too Good to be True - has to be read after this and it was not intended to be depended on the Third book that will might get out one day. Just not soon.

If you are interested to read it, you can find it in both kindle and paperback format on Amazon.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment